Sunday, December 03, 2006

FIELDS


ARTIST / BAND: FIELDS
SONG (MP3): SONG FOR THE FIELDS
ALBUM: 'If You Fail We All Fail'
FILE UNDER: Psychedelic / Rock / Classical
LABEL: http://www.atlanticrecords.co.uk/
INFO: I’m tempted to criticize Birmingham, UK’s Fields for being yet another band with a generic, un-Googleable one-word name but in a strange way I can’t quite articulate, it’s a very fitting name for what they do - listening to them, it somehow just feels right.
They were in town this past Monday for a small gig at Revival that didn’t seem to be part of any particular tour. They were also up against a couple of other high-profile shows that same night and not having had much in the way of publicity leading up to it, there was only a modest audience in attendance but probably better than expected. I was there because though I had not heard a note of the band before the previous Friday, what I did sample of their website impressed the hell out of me after just one listen. Plus locals The Coast were added as support so I was fairly assured that it’d be a good show.
read more from the source...

No comments: