Sunday, December 28, 2008

Elizabeth Willis

ARTIST / BAND: Elizabeth Willis

SONGS (MP3): In Your Eyes / One

ALBUM: Elizabeth Willis

FILE UNDER: Alternative / Pop / Classical

LABEL: little blackbird music

INFO: Driven by her interest in composing pop music works of her own, Willis changed her entire life in order to pursue a career as a singer/songwriter. "I didn't have a life," she explains. "I didn't have a weekend off since I was 5, and I always had an interest in composition. I wrote my first song at 12." Armed with her immense skill and the knowledge she'd gained, Willis set out writing and recording what would eventually become her self-titled debut album. The 11-song disc is a powerfully emotional and musically lush outing filled with, as you might guess, elegant piano and strings underscoring her deeply moving vocals. Willis' songs have been compared to legends like Nina Simone, Joan Armatrading, Tracy Chapman and Antony & the Johnsons for both their emotional depth and musical warmth.

read more from the source...

No comments: