Friday, April 25, 2008

Langhorn Slim

ARTIST / BAND: Langhorn Slim

SONG (MP3): Rebel Side of Heaven

ALBUM: Langhorn Slim

FILE UNDER: Folk / Soul / Rock

LABEL: Kemado Records

INFO: Outside of Philadelphia I was born and raised, and in the playground I spent quite a few of my younger days. At the time I had a preference for brunettes but years pass and we change. When my tendencies turned toward blondes I began to hear the call of the big rotten apple and at eighteen, away I went. Gone were the lonely, sweaty summer nights of PA. The crickets were still cricken’ but not in my ears. I was in New York and I was looking for action. Some crave love, some seek danger but I was on the hunt for open mics and not to brag—I found ‘em. In a section of the city once referred to as alphabet on the lower east side there lurks a lot of white guys with acoustic guitars. This minor mass of songsters would meet one, two and sometimes three times a week in the back of bars, smoking, drinking and sharing with each other our newest creations. It was there that I met some good friends and came of age beginning to play my own shows and tour.

read more from the source...

Sergi Gvarjaladze

MUZORAMA.COM

No comments: