Saturday, March 01, 2008

Steve Smith

ARTIST / BAND: Steve Smith

SONG (MP3): Comedown Queen

ALBUM: This Town

FILE UNDER: Rock / Acoustic / Indie

LABEL: G.A.S. Records

INFO: I started my little musical life in 1992, when I auditioned for a local South London band called ‘Higher Ground’. I joined the band as a percussionist, but when the lead singer, a local respected DJ Andy Nichols, left the band I stepped up to the microphone for the very first time! We build up such a large following that it caught the attention of the legendary Paul Weller, who asked us to open up for him at his Crystal Palace Bowl concert in the summer of 1997. This was the highest point for the band, and shortly after we split. I had always kept up my percussion playing while in Higher Ground, and I played live gigs all over the world for famous club nights such as Ministry of Sound, Pacha and Manumission. I carried on my session playing and played for successful dance artists such as Evolution and Shiva.

read more from the source...

Sergi Gvarjaladze

MUZORAMA.COM

No comments: