Tuesday, October 09, 2007

RUE MELO

 

ARTIST / BAND: RUE MELO

SONG (MP3): Smooth Brotha

ALBUM: Rue Melo

FILE UNDER: Pop / R&B / Alternative

LABEL: Fighter Records

INFO:

I was born and raised in Paris until the age of 10 when I moved to New York City with my mom and brother. After a few years struggling in the Bronx we moved on to Cali where we now live.
I got lucky growing up in an artistic environment. My father is a musician of Uruguayan descent, my mother was a ballet dancer and stage actress.
In the spring of 2005 I met up with guitarist Martin Estrada, bassist Bryan Bush and drummer Idris Tate to form the band, from our first jam I knew they were the players I needed to back me up. One of our earlier jams together went on to become one of my favorite songs, "Can't Deny," which is featured on here. We've been recording and writing lots of songs since . Because I grew up with both spanish and french speaking parents some of my songs have French and spanish in them, which allows me to express myself in m ore than one way. Stay tuned for more updates.

 

read more from the source...

No comments: