Sunday, May 27, 2007

ENVELOPES - SMOKE IN THE DESERT



ARTIST / BAND: ENVELOPES
SONG (MP3): SMOKE IN THE DESERT
ALBUM: Live at Camden Crawl
FILE UNDER: Indie / Pop Punk / Alternative
LABEL: Brille

INFO: The first five of those meant using a few weekends a year, and those odd Christian holidays, to hang out and record some tracks to the computer. That’s how I got involved. Henrik said that he was going to do some recording in the south of Sweden, together with Audrey and Fredrik. He asked if I wanted to visit and maybe lend my computer skills. Of course I couldn’t restrain myself from putting down some bass lines once I got those songs into my system. Back home I went back to my normal business, whatever that might have been at the time. Later, when Envelopes got their first show at Kulturhuset Lava in Stockholm, Sweden, I was called in. We also needed a drummer. Enter Filip, and a proper functioning pop band was created. Indeed. The show was quite well received, but was to be our last on Swedish turf for a long time. We played every Parisian venue, and Benicassim Festival in Spain, before coming back to the home country.

read more from the source...

No comments: