Friday, March 30, 2007

COCOROSIE


Artist / Band: COCOROSIE

Song (MP3): RAINBO WARRIORS
Album: The Adventures Of Ghosthorse And Stillborn
File Under: Christian Rap / Black Metal / Disco House
Label: Touch and Go Records
Info: Sierra Rose and Bianca Leilani (a.k.a. Red Bone Slim) were born in Fort Dodge, Iowa and the big island of Hawaii respectively. They are the third and fourth daughters of spiritualist Timothy Casady and artist/teacher Tina Hunter. As a small child, Red writes, I was carried in a papoose around sacred Anasazi grounds by my mother and her partner, Brook Medicine Eagle. Periods of my adolescence were spent living in a trailer on the outskirts of Joseph City, Arizona with my father. We spent our time burning ants and hunting rabbits from the burned out chassis of a station wagon. I left at fifteen owing to a feeling of alienation caused in part by my reticence toward a formal education. As soon as I was able to garner the necessary means I sold both day-old flowers in restaurants and expired raffle tickets to the elderly I boarded a bus north to San Francisco.
read more from the source...

No comments: