Sunday, March 11, 2007

APOSTLE OF HUSTLE - MY SWORD HANDS ANGER


ARTIST / BAND: APOSTLE OF HUSTLE
SONG (MP3): MY SWORD HANDS ANGER
ALBUM: The National Anthem of Nowhere
FILE UNDER: Indie / Tropical / Folk Rock
LABEL: Arts&Crafts

INFO: Apostle of Hustle is one of those amazing live bands that I feel just doesn't capture the whole deal when they record. The live show features amazing rhythms derived from flamenco tap dancing on a big amplified piece of wood. I'm hoping that hasn't changed.I've seen Andrew Whiteman with Broken Social Scene a couple times, once they were great and once they were terrible, but Whiteman is always consistantly good. His Cuban origin was evident in the music - a latin feel prevails throughout. I don't know how prevalent it is in this song, not as much. So I don't know if the rest of the album is like this or not - I like it, but it's just, again, not like his live show. I haven't heard it all yet though, so I'm passing no judgements.

No comments: