Wednesday, December 20, 2006

SARAH SHANNON


ARTIST / BAND: SARAH SHANNON
SONG (MP3): CITY MORNING SONG
ALBUM: City Morning Song
FILE UNDER: Indie / Pop
LABEL: http://www.mintyfresh.com/
INFO: I am Sarah. Some of you might remember me as the lead singer of the semi-lauded indie-pop darlings Velocity Girl. I can't seem to stop singing. I tried. Physically impossible. I made a solo record a few years back that people seemed to like. Some were surprised by the u-turn I took from the sound of VG. I can't say it was intentional, those songs just seemed to boil up and out of me. I have a new record coming out early next year on MintyFresh. I can't tell you how happy I am to be on this label. They are supreme facilitators of superior music and I am honored to be added to their ranks. My newest continues along the lines of the first. I'm still interested in old school pop song writing (Carol King, Carly Simon, Burt B., Smokey R., Randy Newman etc.) and making pretty noises with my throat. My current hero is RUFUS WAINWRIGHT. I'm a sick puppy when it comes to this man. I have listened to Poses so many times that I imagine big broadway production numbers with each of the songs (set, costumes, choreography, I'm not kidding). I worship him like a pagan god (ess). I curtsy deeply at his flip-flopped feet. His voice sends me. The velvety motor that is his vibrato is so bewitching it should be outlawed.I could go on and on.
read more from the source...

No comments: