Thursday, July 06, 2006

THE LONG WINTERS



ARTIST / BAND: THE LONG WINTERS
SONG (MP3): PUSHOVER
ALBUM: Putting the Days to Bed
FILE UNDER: Indie / Pop / Rock
LABEL: http://www.barsuk.com/
INFO: My name is John Roderick and I am the songwriter and guitarist in the Long Winters. I grew up in Anchorage, AK, which is a drowsy little city, perched on the very lip of the civilized world. Like most small American towns, Anchorage is a conservative and insular little shithole, but because it’s surrounded on all sides by Alaska it has the good fortune to be a jumping-off point for every kind of maniac and outlaw, and it was from these salty characters that I learned all the truly important life-lessons: keep your powder dry, know a good Audi mechanic, and never feed your dogs first. As an American teenager I was only dimly aware of how stupid I was until I got out into the world and saw it for myself.
read more from the source...

No comments: