Saturday, May 06, 2006

MICAH P. HINSON



ARTIST / BAND: MICAH P. HINSON
SONG (MP3): THE LEADING GUY
ALBUM: The Baby and the Satellite
FILE UNDER: Indie / Acoustic / Experimental
LABEL: jade tree
INFO: Debut album from Texan singer-songwriter, produced by The Earlies released September 2004
Born in the southern US town of Memphis, Tennessee, on the day that President Ronald Reagan was shot in an assassination attempt, Micah (pronounced my-kah) Paul Hinson was raised in a Christian fundamentalist household. As a teenager, Hinson and his family moved to Abilene, Texas, where he became a member of the local music scene. It is here, where Micah first met his then muse – a Vogue cover model and widow of a notable local rock star. Introduced to her, and in turn Valium and other narcotics, it was not long before Micah’s muse turned into the ‘Black Widow’ as he now refers to her, and he hit a horrible twist of events. In the Spring of 2000, he was caught forging prescriptions and was sent to county jail – “I ended up losing my car, my home, all my money, my instruments and recording equipment, and basically my entire family”.
read more from the source...

No comments: