Sunday, May 21, 2006

AVOCADO CLUB



ARTIST / BAND: AVOCADO CLUB
SONG (MP3): TOO MUCH SPACE TO WALK AWAY
ALBUM: Too Much Space To Walk Away
FILE UNDER: Pop, Indie .
LABEL: firestation-records
INFO: I’ve been doing music since I was about ten. And, although I’m sounding like Phil Collins now, it all started with a drum kit. I played for three years, driving my parents mad. I then suddenly stopped playing drums and traded my kit for a C64. The next 3 years I was gambling, swapping, cracking computer games. But with the end of my puberty and the arrival of the Amiga Computer I left the computer business and got back to the music. I would play quite a funky beat, but at the age of 16 I knew drumming wouldn’t be enough for my artistic ego. There was pain in my heart and longing in my eyes. I knew I had to start to write songs. Songs that would express what I felt. It sounds cheesy, but like Momus says in one of his songs, „so many clichees have sentimental truth“.
read more from the source...

No comments: