Sunday, January 22, 2006

SUPER 700

Artist / Band: SUPER 700
Song (MP3): I LOVE YOU
Album: When Hare And Fox Had Fun
File Under: Indie Pop
Label: cutting edge recordings
Info: gordon raphael (producer of the strokes)
... they are called Super 700, and I suggest you say this name over and over to yourself unless you want to be late for one of the most stunning and futuristic bands I have heard in years. Their un-earthly yet natural singer is called Ebadet, who – along with her twin sisters – fronts this totally new-sounding group. The three sisters blend their voices in a magical, almost unbelievable way, while the keyboards, drums, bass and guitar perform high-level tricks and create a rolling power similar to if the early Talking Heads were actually born and raised in an African tribe. It’s body rocking atmospheric music to hypnotize the ears, and the skill level of the musicianship, songwriting and singing is probably just a bit unfair to those of us mere mortals. I can’t say enough good things about Super 700 (go on, say it three more times) and I pray that I can record with them when I get back home to Berlin ...
the source...

No comments: