Sunday, September 25, 2005

The Walkabouts


Artist / Band: The Walkabouts
Song: Devil in the Details
Album: ACETYLENE
File Under: Indie Rock
Label: Glitterhouse
Info: We made this album during the run-up to the last presidential election. Our collective mood was angry and frustrated. The world beyond us seemed to be happily headed to hell. The songs I had been writing were wake-up calls, to myself, if no one else. Everything I was reading, hearing and seeing seemed to be foreshadowed with stark, apocalyptic tones. A sound started to form in my head. I wondered what it would have been like if Neil Young had stopped by Wire's rehearsal space, sometime in 1977? That seemed like a good place for us to start. read more from the source...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that sadly, they are bots spamming up this great blog with advertising.